Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

hoak

Binds

13 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me where game settings and binds for Rogue Spear are stored? Can't find em... :P

Also are there more active RS forums anywhere -- these seem pretty dead...

:blink:

Edited by hoak

Rogue Spear is getting a bit long in the tooth, finding support is not going to be easy. I haven't even gotten around to installing it on my new PC yet so I can't check where the config is. With Red Storm games it's usually easy to find though - isn't there a config file in the root folder you can open up with a text editor?

Long in the tooth? For engine technology perhaps; but it still has features and game design not found in any other Red Storm Games, or any realism games for that matter. I'll take a game 'long in the tooth' any day over many more modern games that place marketing 'features & benefits' above innovation and game design.

I've searched and looked at every file in the root, save, and every other directory and can't for the life of me find anything that looks like it's storing binds... Perhaps the RS games store them in binary format... In anycase it would be nice to know so I can save the settings from install to reinstall...

:blink:

Edited by hoak

For bound keys, look in the main Rogue Spear directory for the boundkey.txt file.

What other files are you looking for?

Long in the tooth?

Yep, you heard right. I was not inferring it was any worse or any better than any other game, just reasoning why it is difficult to get answers/support for it now.

not likely, most sites have moved on to other titles or possibly even another series for that matter...but, like you, we here at aggression are still big fans of the earlier titles and play them still as well...as Rocky stated it will be hard to find support for the game since it is a bit dated but here at aggression you won't have any trouble finding people who respect the game just as much as you do, we are all part of a network of sites dedicated to several other titles, and one dedicated to competitive play, so if you have a question please feel free to post it up, but unfortunatly like you have noticed this site is slower on traffic, but it's not dead, we will get to it, you can be guaranteed that myself, Rocky, Pave and WhiteKnight will pop in here at least once a day to give all the help we can...plus anytime a post is made here we are noified via email... :blink:

Yeah... :P There are some amazing sites you can still see in Google cache and via the Internet Archive -- but all their down-loadable content, mods and goodies are gone... :tears: *sniff*

Would be nifty if somehow all these folks could be rounded up and a CD set or DVD of Rogue Spear game goodies could be but together from it. I would think considering the amount of work that went into some of these mods some would actually jump at the idear... But probably not very likely

:tears:

There are some amazing sites you can still see in Google cache and via the Internet Archive -- but all their down-loadable content, mods and goodies are gone... :tears: *sniff*

I'll wager I could still find any RS mod you'd care to mention, try me :P

Yeah well... You're Admin of a site that used to host a lot of RS files I bet... But ok how about Rodion's THE TEMPORARY TANGO V2.0 GOLD EDITION?

And how about telling me where you actually find it? And what do I get if I win (because I really loose either way)? It's not much of a "wager" as I loose either way, but it would be nice to loose and you to find it... :tears:

:P

Edited by hoak

But ok how about Rodion's THE TEMPORARY TANGO V2.0 GOLD EDITION?

First try came up bad

http://www.piestactics.com/files/archive/d...file.asp?id=219

Were next... hmmm,

http://www.woody2000.dk/ersmis.html

Two Temp.Tango files there, but remotely hosted and 404 File not Found errors.

This is starting to look bad. If woody doesn't have it.... things are bad...

3dretreat, nope, that's surprising too :P

Last chance saloon - Google rodion rs mods.... not much there.

Absolute last chance, ICQ the author at http://www.icq.com/whitepages/wwp.php?uin=143960428

If that doesn't work, he is active at http://rodion.deviantart.com/ which is his photography page.

Yes, I know how to use Google; I've already tried all those... And it's just one of may mods that look and sound very cool... Why does this site not host any RS mods 'n stuff?

:P

Edited by hoak

Why does this site not host any RS mods 'n stuff?

Money.

It costs alot of money to host mods. I'd probably need a donation in the region of $1000 to even start hosting mods here.

not likely, most sites have moved on to other titles or possibly even another series for that matter...but, like you, we here at aggression are still big fans of the earlier titles and play them still as well...as Rocky stated it will be hard to find support for the game since it is a bit dated but here at aggression you won't have any trouble finding people who respect the game just as much as you do, we are all part of a network of sites dedicated to several other titles, and one dedicated to competitive play, so if you have a question please feel free to post it up, but unfortunatly like you have noticed this site is slower on traffic, but it's not dead, we will get to it, you can be guaranteed that myself, Rocky, Pave and WhiteKnight will pop in here at least once a day to give all the help we can...plus anytime a post is made here we are noified via email... :P

Yeah :tears:

and one thing to add for those newer visitors to the site, is that this site used to have one of the greatest collections of forum posts and information on the R6 series a veritable goldmine, however the site suffered a crash and all those Priceless forum threads going back years were lost and we have had to start from scratch so thats why it look a bit bare round here.

But whilst we may have lost the original posts were are very lucky in that quite a few of the staff and members here are old skool R6 + RS legends B) from the early days and so will still have a mountain of information locked away in their heads to answer pretty much anything you can ask.

But yeah these games are "classics" nowadays and most sites have moved on to the newer games but they are so good and can be picked up for a bargain nowadays that there is a resurgence in interest and of course we still arrange playing sessions every chance we get as the games may be old but they are timeless :tears: