Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rainbow six gone politically correct?

16 posts in this topic

I am a pretty keen rainbow player for the simple reason that it is the only game (goast recon excluded) that has any sort of realizim. But it seems the more i hear about the latest release it seems to me as though they may have dropped the ball. For one thing in these sorts of games i find it extremely irratating to say the least to hear some womens voice and the first chance i get i top the silly [Edit], there are very few tactical teams or special forces units through out the world that deploy females. In my opinion females are good for only 2 things [Edit], and cooking and most of them can`t even cook, this is the biggest blunder since someone decided to put some silly little girl (michelle rodregus) in the movie swat what a cluster [Edit], that was.

If they want to add some things into this game leave the charactors alone, how about some weapon mods: red dots, scopes, weapon lights (proper ones), foregrips, fore end mods, barrel mods you know, and every mod you make changes the handling of the weapon ie: more accurate, more stable, less accurate but has a faster aim that sort of deal. Im a gun nut i want to customize god damn it!!!!!.

And another thing the AI in the last game was pretty damn ordanary the teams anyway. I mean i think you should have a 3D map when you want to do a door breach and map out the section of the room that you want each seperate team member team member to clear, map their movements, be able to select the fire arcs, and how they stack up on the wall prior to breach so you can do criss cross entries and such. I realise this would make for a very large game but oh well thats what it should be coming to.

The other problem is that i hope they will fix the AI when the team throws a flash bang, all they do is open the door and get shot before they even get half way though a transition most of the time.

But the one thing i am most concerned about is the rumor that rainbow is going to turn into one of those gay shoot `em up unrealistic games. I think this game should be as complex and as real as posible as far as im concerned that`s what rainbow is all about and if you don`t like it then go play that stupid game S.W.A.T. Global Strike Team or whatever it`s called that game is useless.

Edited by Pave Low

I agree with you about the AI, but I think Raven Shield has already a great variety of weapons. Maybe it is just me. Maybe I am not a gun nut chauvinist.

I think some body may may missed the point, my point is not to attack females or to forefill some sort of gun wielding fantasy.

My point is to keep it real 98% of females lack the phisical strength to be a member of the tactical community, so it is pointless and annoying to put them in a game like rainbow six and is an insult to the accuracy of the novel, in the real world equivalent to rainbow team members customize there weapons it`s a simple fact so why not put it in the game.

the point is: female players (maybe) can better identify with female chars in the game. and thats what it is at last....a game. and because a company like ubi want to adress a broad audience they put in female chars.

Ok that maybe the case although i don`t know about you but not too any of the girls that i know or even know of will sit down and play xbox or ps2 for any length of time let alone to play a game like rainbow and they sure as hell wouldn`t go out and buy it so why bother.

And that would be a good point also if you could actually choose your team but from what i hear you have to use all of the charactors at some stage, so your girlfriend won`t be able to go on there set her charactor as [Edit] Zena Warrior Princess and buss some caps whether she wants to or not.

[Please cut-out the swearing and Do not try to bypass the swear filter]

Edited by 1911

I'm tiring of the stereotypes. I know quite a few girls who are willing to get down on some video games, hell, me and my girlfriend discuss our day over some Super Smash Bros. every night. I also know a good number who play tactical shooters like CS and RS on the pc. If they want a female character, let them play a female character.

And besides, what guy in his right mind would rather listen to some muscle bound dude's raspy voice than a sexy female one?

As i said in my last post to my knowledge (what i have read in reviews and websites) you cannot pick your charactor, i assume you will remain chavez. The only time you will have contact with the females chars. is in team missions, and you cannot select your team you will have to work with certain chars depending on the mission.

And yes im a guy in my right mind most of the time and i don`t want to hear some annoying chick ("sexy" or not :blink: ) saying "target down", if i want to hear some chick nagging at me i`ll talk to my girlfriend thank you very much :thumbsup:

As i said in my last post to my knowledge (what i have read in reviews and websites) you cannot pick your charactor, i assume you will remain chavez. The only time you will have contact with the females chars. is in team missions, and you cannot select your team you will have to work with certain chars depending on the mission.

And yes im a guy in my right mind most of the time and i don`t want to hear some annoying chick ("sexy" or not :unsure: ) saying "target down", if i want to hear some chick nagging at me i`ll talk to my girlfriend thank you very much :thumbsup:

I forgot you're stuck with Ding this time, I was thinking about the other R6 games.

I'm sure your girl appreciates that attitude. :blink:

My start playing R6/RS was at MPlayer back some 4 1/2 years ago. I can tell you know that the ladies really loved R6. I regularly played in an all girl clan room while playing R6 when I first started playing R6 MP wise. I think it is great that there are female characters in the game so they can identify with a character as much as we guys can.

For the record, that clan I played with, Girls n Guns. There are a bunch of All girl clans if you know where to look. Frag Dolls is an XBox clan (some members do play PC games too) and PMSClan is another.

In my opinion females are good for only 2 things [Edit], and cooking and most of them can`t even cook, this is the biggest blunder since someone decided to put some silly little girl (michelle rodregus) in the movie swat what a cluster [Edit], that was.

And with that silly little comment you lost what little basis your arguement might have had. It's clear to me that you have a healthy disrespect of women, and furthermore your so called facts are very questionable to say the very least. Times are changing from the stone age, hell, just look at the Soviet air force. Their top pilots were all women. Private Lynch, Private England, there is I believe even a female colonel. And I highly doubt that Tom Clancy would include female operatives in something that is meant to be so realistic, to say nothing of women being portrayed in combat roles everywhere you look. And if you still question women being in the military just take a look at this. These photos are not from films, they are the real thing, boy.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2001/20011107/...s/07photo07.jpg

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/print.php?story_id_key=5751

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp...ult-270x382.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Iraq/Female-...6415662312.html

http://www.cominganarchy.com/images/zaitun_women.jpg

R6 for a long time has had women in it.

Personally I like it... adds a nice touch....

but honestly the further and further they get away from Rainbow as in the book I lose more and more intreast.

They are diffrent people from around the world up for call globaly, Most similare to the FBI HRT....

now they are pretty much special forces characters, and their most trained snipers "weber" was abducted?

ok so I visit this page again to post and im done, unless this demo absalutly blows my socks off I think Ill pick it up in the 5$ bin in 3 years.

Their aim was to make the game more Hollywood style. Having Weber abducted and tortured is a little storyline tactic called drama. In all seriousness however things like this, while rare, do happen. Imagine what might have happened to the survivors of the two Black Hawk helicopters that were shot down in Somalia had the Habr Gedir found them.

Females have been in Rainbox since the first game and book, if I recall correctly.

I'm deeply troubled, personally, they were suddenly introduced to Lockdown..

(In regards to women in the real world serving military roles, Many countries are great examples that both genders work just fine in combat roles. Israel comes to mind.)

Edited by Sup

I have pretty long history with voicing my opinion on this issue. I have attempted to remain civil and it is quite obvious a few on this board have not been able to garner that ability. Nancy is quite right in many respects. However. The ability to operate in a combat service support role and get a cool picture taken should in no way be equated with the capability to operate as a member of a demanding and skilled SF unit. Or in the case of Rainbow, the most highly skilled CT unit.

Do not mistake my opinion on this. I have the utmost respect for my fellow soldiers, whether they are serving in combat roles or non combat roles. But facts are facts. The training and demands that exclude women also exclude the majority of men. There is no shame in that, there is only the simple matter of the evolution of human beings and in particular the evolution of the sexes.

To say that it is just a game and there should be women is to say there should be 10ft tall androids in a Madden title. Personally I think it should be a gamer's decision, easy to toggle, and a server side option as well.

Discussions on this subject not founded in the facts of combat are doomed to be, what would be the proper phrase? pwned.

Females have been in Rainbox since the first game and book, if I recall correctly.

Sorry Sup, but you recall incorrectly about the book.

Female operatives have always been in the games, even when the team was expanded in Rogue Spear. This is definitely a decision made by the dev team for the female fans of the game, which I think is a good choice.

However, there are no female operators on Team Rainbow in Clancy's novel, apart from the team secretaries and the operatives' wives (all Rainbow members were married in the book). So even Clancy acknowledged what Hatchetforce said.

For a detailed list of all the Rainbow team members mentioned in the novel, check out a FAQ I wrote a few years ago here (esp. question #6):

http://rainbowsix.3dretreat.com/rainbowfaq.asp

I can confirm that there are no females in the book, however, Clancy only truly features Ding's Team. There are other rainbow teams which could have female members.

Females in the line of fire has been a discussion/debate for as long as I can remember.

The way I see it, if they can hack like the guys, hell yeah, lock and load!!