Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunter0100

Lockdown - First Modding Steps

16 posts in this topic

Because you are able to open the .gun(data\equip) files with a text editor, you can nearly alter every stat of the weapons: firerate, firemod, which attachment the weapons are using and so on.

I also managed to unlock all the weapons which are missing.

I was only unable to figure out how I can connect the textures to the "missing" weapons

More information at www.unfinished-games.com

Lockdown%202006-01-19%2020-00-11-78.JPG

Lockdown%202006-01-19%2019-29-42-93.JPG

ScreenShot0.jpg

www.unfinished-games.com

you know this is cool.

because it is RSE engine Im pretty familiar in it already. This would be a blast to mod, Now I need to see IF I can find out how to edit AI, sounds, Run speeds,

this game might be worth somthing to me If I could mod a lot of aspects of it.

atleast for adverserial.

Ah, this type of modding brings back memories. I use to love having a 1000 round MP5K-PDW with explosive ammunition in Rogue Spear.

:angry:

Ah, this type of modding brings back memories. I use to love having a 1000 round MP5K-PDW with explosive ammunition in Rogue Spear.

:angry:

Ahh... The good ole days. WK used to run a mod in RS, that you could carry a sniper rifle as a primary and a mp5sd as a secondary. Maybe that's why we had so much fun back then. That and the Gekkes Mod. :wall:

WK used to run a mod in RS, that you could carry a sniper rifle as a primary and a mp5sd as a secondary.

Oh, that would have been a good one!

you know this is cool.

because it is RSE engine Im pretty familiar in it already. This would be a blast to mod, Now I need to see IF I can find out how to edit AI, sounds, Run speeds,

atleast for adverserial.

I'm with you on this on Proz, very familiar from the file standpoint. DTD might be back in the game :angry:

Good job, hunter! It looks like modders won't have a hard time getting used to things. I took a look at the textures and the locked weapons do not have their textures included. They should be in the missing directory as 1p_smg_mp10_512.rsb (first person MP10 texture) and 3p_smg_mp10_256x512.rsb (third person MP10 texture). There are a couple of other textures that go with the MP10 as well. The first person model files are in the character\allied directory as fpw_mp10.chr and so on for the different attachments. The first person model files are in the model directory as 3p_smg_mp10.pob and so on for different attachments.

It's basically the same setup as GR. The differences come from the addition of a first person model, which is set up as a character attached to the player's view. If you open up the .pob, .qob, and .chr files in a hex editor, you'll see some information about the texture the model uses.

you know this is cool.

atleast for adverserial.

I'm with you on this on Proz, very familiar from the file standpoint. DTD might be back in the game :huh:

@Whisper_44, will we see the HK team again? or the other weaps? I really dig the weaps and uniforms too, Be cool to see on MP BATF vs US Marshalls. :ermm:

Cpl Ledanek..Mac & I are pretty excited about the possibilities..can't speak for the other two.

At this time it's too soon to say.

Hey guys, good to see the St-Modders already coming together.

Say, I got a question. Like many in the comm, I would like to fire more rapidly in single fire mode.

I open the SA58.gun file with Note pad, and I notice that there was many

</RateOfFire>, and <SingleShot.

Which one should I modify? Or should I modify all of them?

thx :ermm:

Edit: Nevermind i found it, it's the last <SingleShot.

Replace the 300 by 700 :huh: Ya!

Edited by RatoN

I'm having a problem with editing the files then saving them. what text editor can i use?

I'm currently using notepad, but after i mod the file it asks for me to rename the file.

help!

By default the files are read only. If your editing a stock one you must [right click > properties> uncheck read only], after that you can save the file without issue, however I wouldn't advise playing online with any modified original files, you may not be able to connct to a server.

Who are those in the wanted list in the MP_Prison Map?

Forgot what section of the map, but they got faces in there.

Can that pic be replaced/modded? Maybe we can replace that pic with Ubisoft CEO or whoevers pulling RSE chain.

Be nice shooting target and post screenshots :devil:

Do you think there is a way to show a overhead map and positions?

Do you think it will be in the final?

By the by great work so far!