Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

~NkOgNiTo~

"NedPC" any screenies or feedback ?

35 posts in this topic

Well that's exciting news if it actually works! As a Foley Artist I can't think of anything that detracts from and could add as much atmosphere to the game as a decent Sound, Foley and Music mod... Lockdown is a huge step backward in the Sound Design department from other Clancy games...

I'll definately fart around with FMOD! Thanks NYR_32! I thought the thing was only a stream player didn't know it could compile too!

:thumbsup:

Well all the Ubies have said is the tools with the game are all you're going to get -- anything else is just wishful thinking on your part swartsz; it's just not going to happen...

well, we all need something to believe in right?

personally, i still believe the SDK will be released at some time, the devs must know what the impact of releasing the tools will be.

I am just going to go ahead with my ideas and if they decide not to release the plugins i may use them for another game and if that isn't going to happen, i have enjoyed myself and maybe even learned something in the process.

One thing I'm curious about is this: is it possible at this time for modders to take one of the Lockdown single player "sub-maps" and make it into a multiplayer space? For example, the 2nd submap (courtyard) in the South Africa level would likely work well as a small multiplayer map.

One thing I'm curious about is this: is it possible at this time for modders to take one of the Lockdown single player "sub-maps" and make it into a multiplayer space? For example, the 2nd submap (courtyard) in the South Africa level would likely work well as a small multiplayer map.

i haven't looked at what the exact differences are between a single player and multiplayer map, but i think it should be possible.

Maybe it is as simple as changing some of the variables in the map and mission windows: NED windows

maybe some of the better scripters around here will know a definite answer to your question.

It looks to me that you would need to change the varible swartz pointed out, and create the appropriate respawn zones, respawn cameras, and objective zones for Retrival and Rivalry. In theory, it should work.

what are respawn camera's for?

My understanding is that you use a pda to check out the cameras and when you see an enemy you press space to release the toxic gass.

Nope, respawn camera's are so that before you spawn you can see whats in the spawn zone. They were introduced in GR2 to try and limit spawn killing.