Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hatchetforce

Necessary Modding Suggestions

12 posts in this topic

Right off the bat, there needs to be a way to place a M68 (red dot sight) AND a suppressor on weapons. This choice for the operator isn't limited in the real world and should not be limited in the game. Is there an easy modification that can be made with a text editor to set suppressor as the default for certain weapons (No supressed SAWs needed :whistling: )

Edited by Hatchetforce

Not that i can find, it is possible to swap the different models around, like if you select the G36 with the Acog you end up seeing the silenced one ingame. but it seems the first person models are all in chr format, so without access to the max plugins i believe it can not be changed.

Thanks swartsz. I wasn't sure if the modularity of the game allowed an adjustment of .gun files using a text editor to effect the change. I am sure that the future will provide the ability to mod these files by more capable people than myself.

First of all, I really like this game, it has a GR feel in a CQB environment and plays tactically even in a linear map design, it's like a much better version of First To Fight.

While waiting for a real mod, I decided to mod the original weapons because I thought the semi auto repeat firing was too slow and impeded my double tapping, especially the pistols. I modded all the weapons, but they did not show up, only the default, so I changed all the file names and now both show up. At first I did not like this, but now I like having a choice. I don't know how to change the weapon name tag so I increased the ammo load out slightly to differentiate them. I also modded the items to increase the number of frags you can carry.

I added a couple of primary weapons as a secondary, the mp5 and the gl, and I incraesed the range of the gl, but, you can't use the iron sights because it looks like the iron sight is fixed to the weapon class, I dunno. I thought it might be cool to carry an mp5 for a secondary.

Anyway, I await a real mod from real modders.

As for MP, if they don't fix the dedi issue, this game will die on the vine and it need not cuz coop rocks.

you can edit the names of the weapons by modifing the file strings.txt in the Shell/english folder.

A real mod from real modders? I would say you are beginning to qualify. I agree about the pistol fire rate. What currently happens in the game is what we refer to as a controlled pair. In reality what is needed is a double tap as you stated. A double tap is standard engagement with a pistol or long gun and sometimes a failure drill (double tap to the torso, a third shot to the head) is needed in combat. Your modding facilitates this. Thanks.

This title supports vertical reflex acquisition really well. In CQB, vertical sight alignment is the concern over horizontal placement. This is reflex shooting and the game allows this type of targeting to translate fairly well.

Thanks for the work Kurtz. :whistling:

I think the weapons are done very well, and the weapon view textures are great. The only thing was the slow semi auto repeat.

One thing I would like to do, maybe impossible, is add a class to the secondary for the smg class. I can add the gun to the machine pistol class but the iron sight is distorted. I conclude that the iron sight is coded to the class. I, whether realistic or not, would rather carry an SMG for a secondary sometimes.

A double tap is standard engagement with a pistol or long gun and sometimes a failure drill (double tap to the torso, a third shot to the head) is needed in combat.

was this like in the movie Collateral, at the alley, when he was trying to get his briefcase back?

Yes Cpl - I believe it's the same..it's funny when I heard failure drill, I though of a malfunction clearance :nod: then it was explained to me properly

What I did with the weapons is just rudimentary modding of the original guns, not a real mod. To get weapons to show up I copied the original weapon files and changed their file name. Then, i just increased the rate of fire of the weapon in single shot from 300 to 500 or 600 to get the double tap. And you have to do this for each attachment. I changed the ammo load out to differentiate the guns since the original show up too. I also increased the frag load out from 3 to 6.

I put an smg and the gl in the secondary class by changing their primary to 0 and weapon class to machine pistol and they show up there, but you can't use the iron sight because it is tied to the class, I think. I just wanted to take an mp5 for a secondary sometimes.

This is pretty crude stuff, a real modder can do a lot better.

Edited by Kurtz