Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

T_1

Mission Modding

42 posts in this topic

I've just found the Editor :drool: and that it's IGOR'ish, but what I have noticed is that there is very few if any missions released for LD. Why was that, is the editor not up to the job? No interest?

I was going to have a crack at some mission scripting, just wondered who else had had a go at it.

For months I thought about it but the very low interest of the community convinced me to drop the idea. Pity!

Also the calling of GR was stronger :drool:

I've just found the Editor :drool: and that it's IGOR'ish, but what I have noticed is that there is very few if any missions released for LD. Why was that, is the editor not up to the job? No interest?

I was going to have a crack at some mission scripting, just wondered who else had had a go at it.

I've played with it, and its a supped up IGOR, which is great. It has a lot of the things I was expecting in StoneEd, but I never could get a test mission to run right.

Man, that would be great, custom LD missions. You go for it T!

At the moment I'm one step behind NYR, I can get the mod recognised but the mission isn't there. To be fair, I tried using the prision MP map, so I'll try a stock mapo and see how I go.

I know some of the TvT maps, like 747 I was unable to place any enemies on the map. It appears they didn't add the "nav mesh" for the AI to walk on and such (at least I think its a lack of nav mesh). The SP ones shouldn't have that problem.

Yea, the 747 map has no Nav Mesh. However it was the prison map I was going to use, but I don't think that's the problem. I used the Mission 1 section 1 map placed some enemies, added the rainbow players and an insertion zone, saved it all and it no worky :drool:

I'll have a play about with it, but I can't get the mission to show in Campaign for SP or Co-Op for MP yet :lol:

Managed to get a basic mission file with an Insert and a couple of bad guys in and it worked?

Now to see what this tub can do :drool:

who has the tutorials for nedpc? god this is a proverbial needle in the haystack. :tears:

any mod tools overall as well. please?

I couldn't find any. I was using my limited GR1 mission scripting knowledge to muck about, but RL™ has got in the way.

Create a new mod folder in the "mods" folder named "test mod"

:o=

Hi, I cannot seem to find the mod folder to do this? Does it mean data or mission folder? Am i missing something?

Thnx, mission editor looks fun, however, personnally my game is bad here, very glitchy.

Tinker

Update:

I have good pc and the patch, game runs jerky, AI issues. Any modded missions for download?

Tinker## :o=

T 1

How about making your working mission available for download. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to make my own missions and have them playable. Might be able to use yours as an example for the rest of us.

Thanks!

Edited by tools

Just purchased LD and took a quick look at the editor. (I used to play with IGOR in Ghost Recon a little.) Has anyone released a tutorial for the LD editor like was available for GR. I'd love to create some missions but I'm a little confused by the editor. thx, rc

No, there is nothing. As far as I know also noone has ever released a custom mission for LD.

It's a pity because IMO it's a very good game, just underrated

:)

I have made a simple firefight as a test but no show!

Maybe i am flogging a dead horse? I dunno.

So i made a new folder called mods, placed it in with the other map and missions folders, inside i added new folder named test-mod, inside that a modscont.txt file and a new folder named mission. I then saved my mission in the folder and added a XML Campaign doc.

Nothing shows in game, tried it on terrorist hunt and campaign modes, but nope.

Can anyone help describe the mod setting up process pls?

Tinker

*EDIT*

All links in these Forums for any Lockdown mod, lead to a dead end?

;)

Edited by T!nker

;)

My Mod is now showing in Mods List as available. I add it to the game session mods but i cannot find it then when i select either SP or MP Coop? Which is what i saved it as.

Someone pls tell me the missing link, then i can finish this little mission here.

Tinker

I wish I could mate, it could be the start of something if you pulled it off.

Pls do G

I just emailed UBI Support about it after reading so many forums with no answers.

Tinker

;)

;)

I don`t need any help with the editors really, have created enough to go in and have a firefight, it just won`t show in game. My mod file structure is all in place and my mission does show as being available.

Tinker

Basic Mod Setup

Below are the steps to create the basic framework for a mod that can be enabled through the mods option in Rainbow Six: Lockdown and link to the mission you create in the next section.

Create a new mod folder in the “mods” folder named “TestMod”

Create a text file called “modscont.txt” in the “TestMod”

Copy the following text into “modscont.txt”, make sure to keep text entered in quotations less than 26 characters

// Mods Contents

NAME "type mod name here"

AUTHOR "type author name here"

SUPPORT "type mod web or email address here"

VERSION "type mod version number here"

Create a folder called “mission” in your mod folder

Create a .xml file called “campaignfile.xml” in the “mission” folder

Copy the following text into “campaignfile.xml”, make sure you later change “mission_filename.mis” to match the actual name of the mission file you create.

<CampaignFile>

<Campaign filename= “mission_filename.mis" missionNumber="1"/>

</CampaignFile>

After you’ve created your mission and saved it into the “mission” folder, run Rainbow Six: Lockdown, choose “Mods” in the interface, and your mod can be enabled.

Mods aren’t limited to missions only. Any file that is in the correct folder structure within your mod folder replaces the corresponding original game file when the game is run with the mod enabled. Mods of a higher priority have their files chosen first over the same file in a lower priority mod.

That`s in the Lockdown support folder

It does not work i tell you!

Tinker

;)

IIRC Tough Hombres is the only mod ever made for Lockdown and it should include some revised missions (I believe only the ads in game have been removed of the spyware components).

However the readme say

Lockdown has a bug that causes mods not to be activated properly. With future game patches hopefully

this will be fixed but until then we must do a "work around" to get the mod to work.

To get around this bug this installer must do several things to make it work:

(1) The installer must move two main Lockdown folders outside of the DATA folder into a new folder called

FOLDER_BACKUP.

These two folders are called ACTOR and EQUIP. Both of these folders are being moved so that in the future

if you want to uninstall the mod you can return your game back to normal.

(2) The installer must turn on the mod for you. The mod must remain activated until you are ready to uninstall

the mod.

If UBI releases a game patch that fixes the mod bug then you can choose "NO" when the installer asks you

if you want to move/backup the two folders.

If you are in doubt then choose "NO" and then let the installer do its thing. Try the mod out. If you find that

there is no immediate change in how tough the enemy AI are then you can still move/backup the necessary folders

by simply re-running the installer and choose "YES". No need to uninstall the mod first.

IMPORTANT: It is extremely important not to turn off the Tough Hombre mod until you are ready to uninstall it.

Because of the game bug two Lockdown folders had to be moved. Without the Tough Hombres mod activated

your game will not run and will shut down immediately. If you accidentally turned off the mod and the game

won't start back you can still get it working by reading the help section below."

Maybe it can help