Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cpnglxynchos

Vista Issues

3 posts in this topic

i just installed r6, eagle watch, covert ops, rogue spear and urban ops today. r6 works fine. eagle watch works fine. don't know about covert ops yet. i'm having problems with rogue spear and urban ops. mainly, when i try to launch them from the start menu, they stop working and windows reports that they've failed to initialize properly. (ERR code 0xc0000005). has anybody else run into this problem? how can i get around this? i've tried running both as admin, in compatibility modes for 95 and 98/ME and nothing's working! can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here and how to fix it? i really wanted to get on with the mission in at the museum in RS but now i can't. HELP!!

thank you for your time.

Bigbluesoul is the R6 and Roge Spear Mod King, his site has gone quite but if he's reachable he might have something to offer. There were posts about this on RSE's forums before they were taken down, so I know there are workable solutions, but a lot of the Fansites for the old R6 games have gone dark -- as well Ubisoft doesn't seem to even want to acknowledge the existence of these games and all the brilliant game design on offer.

I do think you'll have better luck getting the Rogue Spear games then R6 running on Vista though; they have all the first R6 game's features and play essentially the same on a more updated engine, there are ports of most of the earlier R6 maps and missions, and IIRC Rogue Spear actually easier to mod then the earlier game.

Edited by 101459