Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jeza

Rogue Spear & expansions on vista 64 (running out of ideas!)

7 posts in this topic

I recently tried a vista fix http://www.atwar.net/download.php?view.243 (im on 64) with an ati card (i hear that also maybe an issue) and unfortunately after you get passed the intro movie it crashes before you get to the main screen, also there is no sound in the red storm logo and intro, (think the patch may have done that or the eax.dll) im not sure. However i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this, I rainbow six 1 working all be it from gog which i think they edited it to work on newer os's.

Either way any help would be appreciated.

(have the original RS with UO)

Regards

Jeza

If I had vista I'd gove it a go mate, but other than that can't help I am afraid :(

Earlier when I had Win 7 - 64 bit with a ATI card, Rogue Spear would not work. When I bought a new Nvidia card it worked like a charm on Win 7 - 64bit.

I'm pretty sure the ATI card is stopping you from playing Rogue Spear. Try it on a PC with a Nvidia card :)

Yeah just posted that on Gr.net found out the other week when looking on the forum at gog.com , just moved house so my Rogue spear box is somewhere in a million boxes so i'll let you know when i know , thanks.

I've got an ATI graphics card, and the font fix seems to have completely solved the crashing problem. I'm on Win 7 64 bit.

Yeah its fixed for me as well, but only issue, no menu music or video sounds ect gutted wanna find a fix!

Edited by Jeza