Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rocky

What are the key innovations of Rainbow Six Siege?

6 posts in this topic

What are the key innovations of Rainbow Six Siege?

From the start of the project, our focus has been to bring back the godfather of the tactical shooter. The
first big challenge we set for ourselves was to adapt our DNA—tactics, team play, and intense action—
to a new and unique multiplayer experience.
Our direction for this Rainbow Six is based on one word: SIEGE. The siege gameplay promise
embraces the counter-terrorism reality. It consists of a 5vs5 asymmetrical close quarters combat
scenario between two opposing teams in indoor environments. One team will try to counter the assault
by building a stronghold and fortifying it; the other team will lead the assault by using demolition to
breach into the stronghold.
One of our biggest wins—which is core to the siege concept—is our procedural destruction technology.
We are showcasing technology which is only possible thanks to next-gen and that will give an
unprecedented level of freedom to players.
To summarize:
 Rainbow Six Siege is all about tactics, team play, and action.
 Our gameplay promise is the SIEGE. An asymmetric confrontation. Destruction vs. fortification.
 Our biggest tech breakthrough is indoor procedural destruction

Well looks like Ubisoft punched my ticket again, and has my attention. Does anyone know what Ubisoft 'Team' is working on this and what engine it's being delivered on?

The Ubisoft Montreal team is developing R6: Siege.

It's being developed on the Anvil-Next game engine and Realblast Destruction technology. The engine powers the latest Assasin's Creed games.

Looks like a pretty cool time.

I wouldn't call it "Rainbow Six" with all the fully automatic gun fire being blasted through everything and random wall charges (Hope there isn't another hostage Rainbow), but it looks like a fun game. I can see myself getting angry very quickly from being killed by one of the thousand bullets ripping through every wall, unless they don't go with the "one shot one kill" deal and implement some sort of health system. Although, I suppose that would push it away from the title even further.

Reminds me of SWAT 4. Not game play wise, but visually.

Does this game have single player? If it does, is there any footage out anywhere of it?

The game will feature single player and CO-OP. There's no footage of it yet, because they started on the MP portion of the game first. Then they'll do SP.

Great news. Really.

I have tried all the "rest".................maybe we will return to the "best"!!!!!

Seriously, this is good news. The franchise is not dead............and it does remind me of SWAT4.............but I mean that as a compliment.

Not enough games have that feel, and tension in game. Nice to see this game has it. Like the original RS6 had.

Keeping my eye on this one.