Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ApexMods

The Pinnacle of the Rainbow Six Series

2 posts in this topic

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 2: Rogue Spear (1999) is, IMHO, the true apotheosis of immersive tactical realism in the R6 series. While the later Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (2003) was still a very impressive sequel that pushed the series' envelope technically and visually, it never managed to grab me quite as much as Rogue Spear did. It's been too long since I played either (which I'll have to remedy ASAP!), so I cannot put my finger on it now, but I know that Rogue Spear comes in at a close second place on my list of best tactical realism FPS of all time, only to be surpassed by my all-time favorite, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (2001).

But I digress... let's conjure up some more of those fond Rogue Spear memories, shall we?

Well my tribute would be long and boring as (im 24) my first PC game was R6 and when RS came out was epic, but put it this way I have a £2,000 PC and yet every other month what do I do? Replay all of RS campaign, also without mods, funnily enough I've never used mods for RS. The dam menu music when you login makes you feel too at home!!

2 people like this