Welcome to Rainbow Six Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ApexMods

Here's an Idea for an R6 Siege Scenario...

5 posts in this topic

What, no takers?!? Seriously, with R6 Siege somewhat taking the path of Battlefield Hardline and moves in the direction of "cops and robbers" with more intense shoot-outs, as witnessed by the circulating gameplay videos, why not expand the close boundaries of CQB and allow for fire exchanges over slightly further distances out in the open? I think it may add a nice dynamic to the game, and the terrorists vs. law enforcements theme could be served quite well in that way, too.

While I'm at it... of course, it wouldn't hurt to introduce some realism (one-shot-one-kill, recoil/spread, limited gear and ammo, wounding/limping system, etc.) and clean up the screen (get rid of the hit markers, team markers, HUD). Maybe this could be implemented in a hardcore mode? Oh, and while destructible environments are nice, they probably shouldn't be the center of attention the game revolves around. And finally... I guess a full single-player campaign with pre-mission planning stage is out of the question? You know... because... Rainbow Six?

Now, I somehow get the feeling that all this has been preached tirelessly again and again a very long time ago and time and time again, but maybe, just maybe... someone in Montreal is listening this time? Hello? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :hi:

Edited by ApexMods

I don't get the Siege and Hardline comparison everyone is raving about. From the MP footage in alpha, it seems like its different branches of CTU's vs CTU's. It's like the classic games, R6 vs R6, except the classes and perks +++.

I would like to see some medium to long range maps as well, it should be a good mix I think. If they only have closed up CQB environments, then there's no real use of sniper rifles then? To try this, I guess you'll have to move out to the tarmac on the plane map and duke it out.

I'm not so keen on soft/hardcore modes, it splits the community and the R6 community isn't that big. I'd rather they stick to the true spirit of R6 and don't hold everyone's hand, but still manage to draw people in. Your game should be good enough to play by itself, without having "incentives" to return and level up/grind.

I have no idea if any devs read the forums, not much activity here, to be honest! We'll try and engage our hardcore community here once more details are out. Other then here there is activity on reddit. Glad that you are active here Apex, we'll try our best and engage the forums here in the future.

1 person likes this

What I find 'suspect' and hope maybe it can be turned off is firstly the dam white outlines on all your friendly squad mates kills it big time for me, also the gold guns and crazy camo and perks ect ect...Noooooo

1 person likes this

Yeh the gold guns thing is funny, folks complained about it last week, then we were told, it's not gold, it's a genuine weapon, now today Ubisoft advertise a gold guns perk.

People are already asking about Hardcore mode as mentioned above though, its definitely a popular idea.

2 people like this